Skip to main content

Wedding Hair and Make-up Trial

I don't ever really get to share photos of brides at their wedding trial stage 1. because we want to keep the look under wraps and keep it as a surprise for the wedding day itself and 2. because the bride always loos so much more stunning in the complete look with dress, flowers and jewellery on so I don't tend to find it useful to share 'trial' photos.

Now, every wedding hair and make-up artist works differently so this post is simply to share the way that I approach wedding trials and what I have found works best for the bride.

1. Each bride and wedding is unique - I always want to listen to what it is that you want for your wedding day and will discuss looks in person but it is always helpful for you to have some kind of mood board to share with me.

2. It is always helpful to see your dress and the bridesmaids dress plus to discuss what flowers and type of wedding that you are having.

3. It is important for me to find out whether you are a neat symmetrical girl, or a loose and messy type of girl!

4. I never charge by the hour - It is at the trial that I will have probably met you for the first time ever so we need time to relax, have a cuppa and to break the ice before moving onto creating your perfect loo for the day.

5. I don't limit you (or myself) as to styles for your trial.  I will listen and create what look you would like but I will also suggest something that I feel would compliment your look and try it out so that you can see for yourself.  I encourage you to take photos of each and every look that we try out, and at all different angles and if I have provided you with a few different hair options that you are not sure which to go for, you are free to show and discuss your different options with your friends and family rather than having to decide on the day.





Before your trial, you will normally receive an email from me with a few helpful tips along the lines of  'Please make sure that you wash your hair the day before you see me at the latest and don’t use straighteners on it once it is washed.
It is important to arrive bare faced but if you have any photos of how you normally do your make-up this can be helpful.
If you are getting married in white, I suggest you wear a white top to your trial and if you do have any hair decoration, flowers or your veil, this could be helpful for your trial (don’t worry if you don’t have these items, they are not a necessity)

If you have any photos of hair and make-up ideas that you like, please bring them along to your trial, you can find inspiration from me here - https://uk.pinterest.com/amyprifti/wedding-hair-and-make-up-inspiration


You can see by the photos the difference it makes once the hair and make-up is created on your wedding day rather than at the actual trial itself.  I do find it quite difficult to explain this - At your trial, you tend to be quite relaxed and wearing relaxed clothing and shoes, so to create a special hair and make-up and for it to feel 'really' special, you have to wait until your wedding day to see it all come together - The hair, make-up, flowers, dress, jewellery etc for you to get that special feeling.
It is always worth having any questions ready before your trial day and to discuss any problems that you have hair and skin wise plus any solutions that you have discovered really work for you.

I also feel that it is very important not to try anything too 'new' or 'different' from your every day looks.  Not only am I creating your hair and make-up for your special day, but the look that I create makes you feel amazing about yourself and gives you that confidence required to look and feel happy all day long.
I really enjoy meeting you at your trial and feel a sense of pride and achievement knowing that I have created your perfect look for you on your wedding day.  I look forward to meeting all my 2017 / 2018 brides for your wedding trial soon.


All the best
Amy
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

British Heart Foundation Wear It Beat It Campaign

It was really great to be the hair and make-up artist for the new British Heart Foundation campaign - Wear It. Beat It 2017 -  https://wearitbeatit.bhf.org.uk This was a two day photoshoot working with a wonderful team from  Killer Creative  marketing agency. On the first day I worked with heart survivor's, consultants and surgeons which was great as I got to listen to a lot of amazing stories that people were happy to share.  In fact, this is one of the favourite parts of my work - getting to hear about other people's lives and the fact that people want share with me. On the second day, a lot of male, female and children models arrived to have their hair and make-up done so that the British Heart Foundation had a variety of photos to share for their next big advertising campaign. I really enjoyed being a member of the team that created photos for this campaign for the British Heart Foundation and look forward to

Getting Married at Mecure Hotel, Brighton

I met Louise at her wedding trial when she said that she really didn't wear make-up that often and was a bit worried that her hair wouldn't look how she wanted due to the colour and condition. Roll forward a couple of months and Louise's hair was the colour and condition that she wanted and I was able to provide her with a hair piece from Annabelle's Wigs to lengthen the overall style for her wedding day. Louise was very lucky with the weather and her hotel room looked out over the Brighton seafront. On the day, I provided Louise and her mum with Gel Nails, Hair and Make-up - Here's my set up below. I always love getting brides ready for their wedding day in Brighton, it's lovely to have the calm sea with the sun shining. Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti - www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/