Skip to main content

Isaac Raymond shoot at Buster and Punch


I first met designer Isaac Raymond in 2014 when I was asked to design the hair and make-up for his catwalk 'Over the Rainbow'.  I am an avid follower and admirer of his work, his insight and his talents and really enjoy watching him grow and develop throughout the years.

In May 2016 Isaac asked me if I could create the hair and make-up for a photo-shoot using his new collection 'The Revolution of Bravery'.  We met up and discussed the key looks and the background story to this new collection which was based around mental health.

I loved the ideas that he had and the story behind the costumes and really looked forward to supporting Isaac again.

It was great to team up with photographer David Long from Exposure Studios London once again and together, the three of us promptly created a mood board on Pinterest  which can be found here.

The shoot was to take place in luxury interior designers Buster and Punch's workshop in London and models Nicole Dutschke and  Yo Alexia kruiz completed our team with Chinara Pilkington assisting Photographer David Long.

             
  

On the day I was assisted by make-up artist Zoe Foster who approached me through the Sussex Make-up Academy asking for work experience and shadow work and who had assisted me earlier on in the year for a Zombie run.  Zoe was a great help, and was definitely the extra pair of hands that I would have spouted if I could!

Because we had pre-planned the looks that were to be created  using our pinterest  mood board, the day went seemingly well and I am really proud of the results.  I know that both Isaac and David agree that we achieved the results that we had set out to achieve and we are all extremely happy.


I will do a separate blog post explaining how each look was achieved and the background behind each outfit and will link these two up once it is written.


I love this shot - There is something that reminds me of  'The Avengers' in it.

I would like to thank everyone who was a part of this shoot.  It is always a joy working with Isaac and David and Zoe assisting was a dream.

Here's a few 'behind the scenes' shots from the day....





Follow up post to explain how these looks were achieved to follow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Married at Mecure Hotel, Brighton

I met Louise at her wedding trial when she said that she really didn't wear make-up that often and was a bit worried that her hair wouldn't look how she wanted due to the colour and condition. Roll forward a couple of months and Louise's hair was the colour and condition that she wanted and I was able to provide her with a hair piece from Annabelle's Wigs to lengthen the overall style for her wedding day. Louise was very lucky with the weather and her hotel room looked out over the Brighton seafront. On the day, I provided Louise and her mum with Gel Nails, Hair and Make-up - Here's my set up below. I always love getting brides ready for their wedding day in Brighton, it's lovely to have the calm sea with the sun shining. Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti - www.bridalmakeupbyamy.co.uk

British Heart Foundation Wear It Beat It Campaign

It was really great to be the hair and make-up artist for the new British Heart Foundation campaign - Wear It. Beat It 2017 -  https://wearitbeatit.bhf.org.uk This was a two day photoshoot working with a wonderful team from  Killer Creative  marketing agency. On the first day I worked with heart survivor's, consultants and surgeons which was great as I got to listen to a lot of amazing stories that people were happy to share.  In fact, this is one of the favourite parts of my work - getting to hear about other people's lives and the fact that people want share with me. On the second day, a lot of male, female and children models arrived to have their hair and make-up done so that the British Heart Foundation had a variety of photos to share for their next big advertising campaign. I really enjoyed being a member of the team that created photos for this campaign for the British Heart Foundation and look forward to

Hair & Make-up for the Costume Store's new website

It was great to work with stylist Kate Vaughn and Photographic Studio Imago Photography on this photoshoot providing updated photos for the costume store to use on their website. I was required to apply a very natural make-up with period hair so that the final look could go with all costume changes. The model adapted extremely well and thoroughly enjoyed playing 'dress up' for the day. The costume store is based just outside of Lewes and it is a place where you can visit to buy costumes to be used in TV, Film and Theatre productions. For more photos of this photo shoot please visit the website -  https://thecostumestore.co.uk Hair and make-up by Amy Prifti -  http://www.amyprifti.co.uk Styling by Kate Vaughn Photography by  http://imagophotographic.co.uk/